3 cups all-purpose flour (about 13 1/2 ounces)
2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2/3 cup canola oil
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin
1/2 cup dried currants or raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife.
- Combine flour and next 7 ingredients (through nutmeg) in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
- Combine canola oil, eggs, and pumpkin in a medium bowl; stir with a whisk until smooth. Add to flour mixture, stirring just until moist.
- Fold in currants.
- Spoon batter into 2 (9 x 5-inch) loaf pans coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool loaves in pans 10 minutes on a wire rack; remove from pans.
- Cool loaves completely.
NUTRITION PER SERVING
CALORIES 150(31% from fat); FAT 5.2g (sat 0.5g,mono 3g,poly 1.5g); PROTEIN 2g; CHOLESTEROL 20mg; CALCIUM 18mg; SODIUM 170mg; FIBER 0.9g; IRON 0.9mg; CARBOHYDRATE 24.4g
Aource: Cooking Light, NOVEMBER 2005