- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (plus additional for drizzling)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon instant yeast
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse garlic salt
1. Lightly grease a 9" x 13" pan, and drizzle 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil in the bottom.
2. Combine all of the ingredients, and beat at high speed with an electric mixer for 60 seconds.
3. Scoop the sticky batter into the prepared pan, cover, and let it rise at room temperature for 60 minutes, till it’s become puffy.
4. While the dough is rising, preheat the oven to 375°F.
5. Gently poke the dough all over with your index finger.
6. Drizzle it lightly with olive oil, and sprinkle with chopped rosemary and garlic salt.
7. Bake the bread till it’s golden brown, 35 to 40 minutes.
8. Remove it from the oven, let rest for 5 minutes, and turn it out of the pan onto a rack.
NOTES: I used 4 teaspoons of active dry yeast, proofed for 10 minutes in 1/2 cup of water, as per the linked recipe, and I doubled the amount of rosemary and garlic salt.