16 slices of bread, with crusts removed
Slices bacon or ham
Shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 to 1 tsp. dry mustard
1/4 cup minced onion
1/4 cup green pepper, finely chopped
1 to 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
3 cups whole (homogenized) milk
Dash red pepper sauce (Tabasco)
1/2 cup butter or margarine
Special K or crushed Corn Flakes
- In a 9x13 glass baking dish put 8 pieces of bread.
- Add pieces to cover dish entirely.
- Cover bread with slices of bacon or ham, sliced thin.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top of bacon (or ham) and then cover with slices of bread to make it like a sandwich.
- In a bowl, beat eggs, salt and pepper.
- To the egg mixture add dry mustard, onion, green pepper, Worcestershire sauce, milk and Tabasco.
- Pour over the sandwiches.
- Cover and let stand in fridge overnight.
- In morning, melt butter (or margarine), pour over top.
- Cover with Special K or crushed Corn Flakes.
- Bake, uncovered 1 hour (or less, depending on your oven) at 350 degrees.
- Remove from oven.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.