Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Spaghetti Sauce

Ingredients:

  • 2 tbsp. olive oil
  • 1 - 2 lbs. ground beef
  • 1 large onion
  • 2 large cloves garlic
  • 2 cans whole tomatoes
  • 2 cans tomato sauce
  • 2 tins tomato paste
  • 1 carrot, shredded
  • 2 sticks celery, chopped
  • 2 tsp. dried basil
  • 1 tsp. dried oregano
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/4 tsp. pepper

Brown the beef with the olive oil, onion and garlic. Drain if necessary.

Dump in everything else and burble (covered) for hours and hours, until reduced to a nice saucy consistency.

This is one of the recipes I use when I'm looking to stock the freezer. Using 2 lbs. ground beef, I get enough sauce for 5 meals. Then when I'm looking for a quick and easy meal, I just thaw a package of sauce and cook some pasta and garlic bread. Easy peasy!

No comments: