This is a recipe I adapted from watching some BBQ chef on the Food Network during the summer. So yummy dressed up on a fresh kaiser or ciabatta bun with a spicy tartar-style sauce* and fresh dill!
- 1 kg (2.2 lbs) boneless, skinless salmon fillet (about half a fish)
- 1 1/2 cups fine breadcrumbs
- 4 shallots, finely chopped
- 1/2 lb bacon, cooked to crispy & crumbled
- 3/4 c fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup (or more, if you like!)
- Zest of 2 lemons
Cut salmon into 1" cubes. In 2 or 3 batches, pulse in food processor until coarsely chopped and transfer to a bowl. Mix salmon with remaining ingredients, and form into 8-10 patties, 3/4-1" thick. Grill over medium heat, 5-6 mins per side. Alternatively, freeze between sheets of waxed paper and cook straight from frozen.
* Spicy tartar-style sauce: Mayo, green relish (dill or sweet) and a splash of chili paste (like sambal oelek). Adjust ingredients to taste.