From Rachel Ray...
* Salt and pepper
* 1 pound orecchiette pasta
* 3 tablespoons EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
* 1/3 pound pancetta or speck (smoked pancetta) or lean, thick-cut bacon, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
* 1 large onion, chopped
* 3 to 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
* 1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken stock
* 2 cups frozen peas
* 3 tablespoons fresh thyme, finely chopped
* Grated peel of 1 lemon
* A handful of grated Pecorino Romano cheese
* 2 cups cow’s or sheep’s-milk ricotta cheese
Bring a large pot of water to a boil, salt it, add the pasta and cook until al dente. Drain, reserving 1 cup pasta cooking water.
While the pasta is working, in a large skillet, heat the EVOO over medium-high heat. Add the pancetta and cook until browned, about 5 minutes. Add the onion and cook until softened, 6 to 7 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the wine, then add the peas and heat through for 2 minutes; season with the thyme, lemon peel and pepper.
Add the reserved 1 cup pasta cooking water and the drained pasta; toss to combine. Add the Pecorino Romano and toss. Serve in bowls and top with the ricotta, for stirring in as you eat.