Sunday, January 18, 2009

Pork Cutlets with Mushroom Sauce

I made this a while back when I needed to bribe my husband to go Christmas shopping with me - it worked!

2 - 4 Pork Cutlets (as many as you need really)
1/2 cup flour
S & P
Olive oil for frying (enough for a thin layer on the bottom of your pan)

1 tsp olive oil
1/2 minced red onion
1/2 lb mushrooms, sliced (I used button but you could use anything)
1 cup white wine
S & P
1 tbsp good quality balsamic vinegar
1/2 cream


Heat up 1 tsp olive oil in a frying pan and add onions,mushrooms, and S & P. Saute for a few minutes and toss in white wine and balsamic vinegar. Simmer for a few minutes to cook off alcohol and the tartness of the vinegar. Add cream and simmer until thickened (I cooked the the pork after I added the cream.) Stir occasionally while the pork is cooking.

Heat olive in a frying pan (med - med high heat). In a shallow bowl, mix flour and S & P. Lightly coat pork in flour mixture and cook in olive oil until done and browned, about 3-4 minutes per side depending on thickness.

Serve pork with yummy mushroom sauce on top. I served this with potatoes as well but it would be equally good with spatzle or even egg noodles

No comments: